Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are basic first steps I should do in order to become a Jira Administrator?

Kyleigh Philbrook March 30, 2021

Hello, I am new to the software world, as I just started a new position at a software company that specializes in law enforcement/prison software. My boss is willing to pay my way through classes and such to become a Jira Administrator - what should I start off with? What are the best steps I should take to effectively complete this task and receive my certificate?

Thanks in advance, 

Kyleigh Philbrook 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2021

Hi Kyleigh,

There are different 'flavors' of Jira administrators, certified and not certified. Atlassian recommends 2 years of Jira Administration before taking the ACP-100 and becoming a certified Jira Administrator. Becoming an un-certified Jira Administrator is as easy as being added to the jira-administrators or jira-system-administrators group.

It is possible to become a certified Jira Administrator in less than two years, but the time spent navigating the application will greatly benefit you and shine light into the nooks/crannies in ways you cannot get from 'speed running' your Jira education. Cheers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events