Access Time Difference for Lab vs. Course: Managing Jira Cloud

Chris_Valadez January 25, 2021

In the Managing Jira Cloud Projects Intro, it indicates that I have until March 3 to complete the course. However, it appears the lab portion might be fewer than the full 60 days for course completion. The course instruction as screen-shotted below indicates that the lab environment will only be available for a total of 30 days after it's first launch, while we have 60 days to complete the course.   Does the “total of 30 days” mean the access time you have accumulated in the lab environment? Is this a typo in the course introduction? Otherwise, it seems to make no sense that you have 60-days to take a course, but can only work on the labs for 30. Any advice you can provide would be very helpful.

lab-start.jpg

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Chris_Valadez. I checked with our University team about this. What you are reading is accurate. We do grant access to lab environments for 30 days for Cloud courses. This is consistent across all of our courses.

Managing Jira Cloud Projects is unique. We allow 60 days of access with the course material (we hope this is helpful in preparing for the bundled Certification exam), but we aren't able to extend the lab access to 60 days. There are some technical limitations that prevent us from ensuring that the lab access syncs with the course access, and we have seen through our research that 30 days is more time than most users need with the lab.

I hope that helps clarify things a bit more, as I can appreciate how the policy isn't intuitive on the surface.

0 votes
Chris_Valadez January 26, 2021

Jira...hello...does anyone have insights as to the lab usage? Where else might I reach out to have this qustion answered?

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 27, 2021

If you run out of time to access he ab environment you could set up a free trial of Jira. It won't have the pre-populated data of the lab environment but it will give you a place to experience and practice.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events