Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Be the first: Atlassian University's beta program for new Cloud Certifications

148 comments

Comment

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Beta Testers -- good news -- your beta score reports have been restored in the Certification Portal.  Thank you for your patience!

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Beta testers -- for anyone planning a retake, we have a small inconvenience to deal with right now.  You won't be able to re-test right away.  PSI is manually re-setting all your accounts to allow you to re-test - this is due to a peculiarity of beta tests' configuration, and we apologize for the inconvenience.  We'll update you here when we know the completion date.

FEDERICO SPAGOCCI November 10, 2020

Hi,  When will it be possible to repeat the test? also applies to the acp-120? we have already waited a long time before repeating and since there is no voucher in this way the attempts to take advantage of the discount will also be reduced. I was planning to book for this week. Thank you for your support :)

Julia
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2020

@FEDERICO SPAGOCCI , yes, both tests can't be repeated yet.  I know you've waited a long time and it's frustrating to have to wait again; we sincerely apologize for the delay.  We estimate 1.5 weeks from now -- so before the end of November.  If it is sooner, I will update you on this page.  The discount on ACP-120 is valid until 28th February 2021. 

Conrad Wade November 13, 2020

Thanks @Julia, The 620 training expired, are we able to purchase it again while we wait for psi? id like to revisit the material now that its 2.5mo later....if we purchase the bundle, do you think we can take the 620 test sooner via that path?

Conrad Wade November 14, 2020

Could we please have another more detailed update? @Ben Thoma @Julia 

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Julia
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2020

Hi @Conrad Wade , On Tuesday the 17th I expect to have a definitive update for everybody about when they can retest. The delay has to do with your profile on the testing platform and is independent of Atlassian University courses or platforms.  In the spirit of transparency, I want to let everybody know why the retest is delayed. There are rules programmed into the testing platform to prevent people from re-taking a test unless they did not pass. Because we did all of the pass and fail calculations outside of the testing platform, it is now necessary for PSI to go back in and manually change everybody’s results to allow those who did not pass to re-test. We are new customers of PSI, so we’re also still learning how things work! Their team is committed to Atlassian’s customers and they are working to resolve this as quickly as possible for you. This is not a delay we had anticipated, so we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this is causing to everyone.  This also seems like a good opportunity to talk to everybody about why it took six weeks to get your results after the beta test. The upside of taking a beta test is that you had access to the exam before it was officially released on 1 November, either at a discounted price or with a guaranteed free retake. You are the first Atlassian Cloud-certified group, if you passed. The downside is the very long wait for your results. Why so long? During this time, the Atlassian certification panel reviews all of the comments that were provided by hundreds of beta test takers. Concurrently, professional statisticians are crunching the numbers from the beta test. We take all of this information to flag questions that are disadvantageous to test takers, and we remove them from the test.  A panel of subject matter experts chooses the passing score for the test using a formal industry-standard process. Then every beta tester is scored only against the kept questions from their test; the problematic, ambiguous, or disadvantageous questions that were removed do not affect your scores. No matter which version of the beta test you took, you are scored against the passing standard selected by the panel. Statistical equating is used to ensure that you are measured against the same standard as your colleague who took a different version of the beta exam, and your friend who takes the production exam after the beta is over. Atlassian uses the same methodologies that are used by the SAT or the LSAT or the MCAT, to ensure test fairness. Our overall goal is to certify as many people as possible. All of these careful processes take a long time. We appreciate how enthusiastic and patient everyone was about waiting for the results!  We’ll keep you updated about the availability of your re-test. Best Regards, Atlassian Certification Team

Like # people like this
Syed November 15, 2020

I was expecting tons of practice questions in ACP-620 course material........In the meantime it will be helpful if the course material is re-opened with added practice questions. Thanks.

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2020

@syedI agree with you - the lack of practice questions is a SERIOUS concern with the prep material - that and the lack of a slide transcript for the prep courses.  (addressed with much gratitude in ACP-120)

Like # people like this
FEDERICO SPAGOCCI November 16, 2020

For my work, this situation is not good, 

Currently the situation is not good, between the delay of the results, the expense to be completely re-sustained, the time invested and this further delay. If I have to be honest also the idea of ​​facing again the recognition of the document with psi that made me suffer between requests for glasses of water .. It would be very nice if at this point a voucher was also recognized for the acp-120 .

Like Conrad Wade likes this
Hanna Pososhenko November 17, 2020

@Julia  Could you please provide us with information on when a detailed score report will be available in the Certification Portal? When will we get our total percentage score?
Will this information be updated manually, and if so, will there be additional checks to avoid possible mistakes?

Thanks

Like Conrad Wade likes this
Conrad Wade November 17, 2020

PSI will manually input your score.

Julia
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2020

@Hanna Pososhenko , @FEDERICO SPAGOCCI , and everyone else: You should all be able to re-test now.

@Julia I do not want to re-test... I passed the ACP-120. I would like to know my score.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

@Hanna Pososhenko you should have your score report on certmertics.

A definitive score (as a percentage) I don't think we'll ever know..

@Dirk Ronsmans 

Yes, I am able to see the score report on the "exams" page.  But we should get a score report showing the section breakdown in percentages. I hope we will see our total percentage score. 

"When will I receive my exam result? 

• On September 16, we launched the production exam for pre-registration with available exam appointments starting November 1, so you can schedule and try again if you did not pass the beta exam. However, we recommend waiting until you receive your beta exam result.

• On October 31, your exam result will show either Pass or Fail with an overall percentage score in the Certification Portal. 

• By November 15, your score report showing the section breakdown in percentages will be available in the Certification Portal. "

Like # people like this
Julia
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2020

@Hanna Pososhenko , yes, this was a mistake in our communication.  Your score report shows your overall result, your point score relative to the passing score, and your performance level (but not percent) on each section. The ACP-120 score is based on 54 questions, so you can calculate your overall percentage using that.

Conrad Wade November 23, 2020

Does any one by chance have access to the 620 PDF? i never managed to find it (same with the lab..sigh) ---any chance i could convince someoene to send it to me? thanks a million! I still have access to the training under "missed" ---but the resources dont load. thanks!

Jaydeep Chopde November 25, 2020

@Conrad Wade  I have the pdf, I can email it to you.

Syed November 25, 2020

@Jaydeep Chopde could you please also email me the PDF?

Jaydeep Chopde November 25, 2020

@Syed Please send me your email address.

Syed November 26, 2020

@Jaydeep Chopde inforizsolutions@gmail.com

Conrad Wade November 30, 2020

Is anyone else experiencing connection issues with psi? just spent 3 hours on tech support with them, and per their technician, the proctor cant join... they have rescheduled 3 times now.    they tried 2 computers (both high end gaming machines) with my 972mbps internet (tested on phone with them) ... wondering if im the luckiest or if this is shared.  <3 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events