Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CLOSED] Be the first: Atlassian University's beta program for new Cloud Certifications

148 comments

Comment

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

After the beta exams end, Atlassian needs 6-8 weeks to go through the data, select the best questions, and re-score everyone on only those.  

For exam ACP-120 participants who do not pass, your first attempt was USD $50 and exam retakes will be the normal price: USD $250.   

For exam ACP-620 participants who do not pass, your first attempt was USD $100 and your first exam retake will be free. 

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2020

@Julia it would be nice if this article here, was clear about the wait period for getting results.... 

It says "after beta exam", I was not couting on 2 months.....

:(

@Dirk Ronsmans sorry for your fingernails (and sorry for mine, too)

Like Romel likes this
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

@Patricia Francezi , yes, agreed.  It's a long time to wait. We'll be doing everything we can behind the scenes to try to accelerate that schedule.

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2020

@Dirk Ronsmans Atlassian hasn't released timelines for future Cloud certifications.

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2020

Thanks for the useful info and clarification. I've just finished the thread and I'm now clearer on what to expect with my ACP-120 

Mária Koháry August 26, 2020

@Dirk Ronsmans Thank you, I am fele good wit it, just want to be sure ;)

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2020

Just wanted to make sure this update made it to those watching this page or reading the comments:

Due to a high demand, this beta program pricing will end September 1. If you were thinking about taking the beta exam, but haven't enrolled yet—now is the time!

Early registration for the standard exams will open on September 15.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

Question for those who took ACP-120 - without compromising any non-disclosure agreements, how well do you feel the prep material prepared you for the test, and what would you have devoted more time to studying now that you have taken the test?

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2020

@Rob Horan 

I haven't taken the exam yet but I have it booked for the 11th Sept. The prep course is quite dry to be honest and more of a list of things you need to know than a course to teach you how to do it. 

I imagine that's because this is a new certification and Atlassian need to run a beta to establish the right content and calculate pass marks etc.

I'd be a bit disapointed to spend $250 on it but at the reduced price of $50 for the prep, $50 for the exam I figured it was worth a shot.

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2020

@Stuart Capel - London 

Exactly what I was thinking :)

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2020

@Dirk Ronsmans and @Stuart Capel - London 

in reality all prep courses have this format. there are complete administration courses, on demand on the list, but they cost 300/400 USD. it is an excellent tool, because it gives more details on the exam topics, and it really is not a course in itself.

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2020

Indeed, the other "real" courses are also a lot longer.

Imho the real thing here would be experience. I did the ACP-JSD certification and more than once I had to fall back on my experience  with the tool instead of even the "real" courses.

This prep course does help with making sure you take an extra look at some topics you might not be so familiar with.

In this case it also helps that with the course you get a voucher for a cheaper exam :-D

(even with the price of the course you come out cheaper than just taking the exam itself I guess (now with beta))

Like # people like this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2020

Good points! It does state you should have 1-2 years Jira Admin experience and real world 'tinkering' has taught me an awful lot!

Julia
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2020

Great questions about how to use Atlassian University courses on your path to becoming an Atlassian Certified Jira Admin!

The Certification Prep course for ACP-120 is not designed to teach you new skills -- it's essentially a preparation tool for experienced Jira Admins, and the goal is to review the exam topics in depth to help you focus your study and practice before taking the exam.

Atlassian's Jira Administration I and II training courses are the best preparation to learn how to administer Jira.   Take a look at Atlassian's full Jira Admin learning paths here: https://training.atlassian.com/learning-paths/jira-admin

Like # people like this
Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
September 1, 2020

Just wanted to make sure anyone following this Community article sees our update:

Our beta program registration is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Pre-registration for the standard exam will begin on September 15, 2020.

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2020

Good thing I planned my exam already then :)

I guess planned exams can still continue and it's just new seats are no longer available?

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2020

For those still preparing, have any of you started or considered starting a Slack workspace as a remote study group?

Like Steven Soto likes this
Steven Soto September 2, 2020

@Rob Horan count me in for a slack study group. I'm pretty sure ill need to retake this exam.

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2020

@Steven Soto  and @Rob Horan  im in

Romel September 2, 2020

@Rob Horan  I'm in as well

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2020

OK!  Sounds good - I'll see about starting something up

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
September 2, 2020

@Dirk Ronsmans That's correct. If you're scheduled already, you're all good.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2020
Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Sanmat Jhanjhari September 4, 2020

@Rob Horan  Hi, Good idea for a Slack group. The Slack link doesn’t seem to be working. Can you invite me? 

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2020

Hi Sanmat -sure, but apart from sharing the link I don't know how else I can invite you.  I don't have your info, and I wouldn't recommend posting your email address here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events