Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did you use to build community.atlassian.com?

Carolyn Shannon February 9, 2021

What did you use to build community.atlassian.com? Is it a product an Atlassian customer can use in our own orgs?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Orignally, it was an ad-hoc collection of mailing lists and splintered forums, with little direct Atlassian involvement, then Atlassian decided to try to draw it together by hosting Jive forums for it.  These were outgrown, so they moved to a system based on OSQA, where it became "Answers".  This then moved on to a Confluence + Questions system, but this was relaunched as "Community", built on Khoros (although it was called Lithium at that time)

Carolyn Shannon February 11, 2021

Thanks Nic. I've seen a number of folks ask about this, because in a lot of ways, the community board would make a much better collaborative internal space/intranet than what seems to be available now.

I'm wondering if Atlassian has ever thought about building/buying something like this. It would save us a lot of time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

Questions for Confluence is quite good for this sort of thing.  I preferred it to Khoros, although Khoros is catching up.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events