Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer journey map

Terrence Young September 20, 2023

I am currently working with a very technical team that is very solution focused. While Vision has been clearly defined, the team often struggle to connect with the user they are solving for. 

It is for this reason I will run a Customer Journey Mapping play, which will be conducted in person so that we collaborate with intention, the reason for choosing this is for the team to connect and identify what the customer feels when they are using our platform. This will help the team to deliver better solutions as they will identify with the users better.

5 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2023

Okay!! This is a nice plan of action. Please do post the outcomes :)

Like Bert van Dijk _TMC_nl_ likes this
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2023

Amazing! Can't wait to hear how it goes @Terrence Young !

Like Bert van Dijk _TMC_nl_ likes this
alison.eyring September 20, 2023

hi Terrence.  I love that you are doing that. good luck! my engineering teams also have this issue. some of the things we do/have done to address this are: 1) record conversations with Users or user personas so they hear real people, 2) share written comments from Users with them in a slack channel, 3) review User Journeys from recording w/LogRocket. If a team lack empathy, they need great insight. this requires data in the form of audio, written inputs from real people. 

Like # people like this
Ingrid Blake
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2023

100% Alison! I've also seen success with this model- achieving the outcome of having a group of deeply technical security-focused engineers really deeply understanding the emotions of the customers they were serving and even referencing them proactively throughout the project as decisions came up!

Like alison.eyring likes this
Prabhu Palanisamy _Onward_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2023

Often, there are multiple stakeholders/customers. Curious to learn how you map multiple customer journeys.

Ingrid Blake
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2023

What we recommend at https://www.atlassian.com/team-playbook/plays/customer-journey-mapping is to be crystal clear about just one E2E journey for just one customer persona.

You can layer these journeys on top of each other after the fact to mine for insights, or assess impact of a particular pain-point or opportunity. To keep laser focused on what the customer experiences, and not accidentally get caught up too much in backstage ops, you want to map each journey independently.

Like # people like this
Tim Kopperud
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2023

Hi @Terrence Young, welcome to the Atlassian Community and to this group. 

I think you idenfied one of the main barrier when delivering ITSM. It's the customer who defines the  value. This is related to the users feeling, and the value of the service delivered is then defined by in their personal preferences and perceptions. IT often forget that the percived value diminish over time even if the service delivered has not changed. I find the Kano modell to be helpfull when I explain this to clients. 

TimK.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events