Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's make a brain-storming related to team vs. projects wokrflows.

Josef Širůčka March 14, 2023

Hi all, 

I want to ask you what are your opinions or approaches.

Let's explain how we work:

- We have five products (equals five projects with scrum boards).

- In those five projects, we use EPICs, in the EPICs, we use STORIES, and in the stories, there could be subtasks: Research, Backend, Frontend

- The fun starts here! We have a design team that owns four statuses in the workflow.

- We have a Frontend team with another four statuses in the same workflow.

- Then we have a QA that owns two statuses etc...

The workflow is starting to be really difficult, so I am looking for different approaches but keeping scrum / agile.

Is there a way (somehow) that this could work - there are my requirements, though of new behavior:

- There will be 5 product projects using EPIC and STORIES only.

- There will be "something" like the Product Owner with Team Lead can use to create automatic requests to FrontEnd, Backend, QA, Design Team, and other teams...?

- There will be a separate project for each team, where the sprints can be maintained based on the requested work from the previous step (so work will be separated by projects).

- In this scenario - The Product Owner can maintain the release's content via his project, but Scrum Master still keeps the sprint contents.

- The main story in the product can be solved by one team member or more team members

- we can still measure the sprint story points per each team member

- and ideally, we can have an easy workflow for each team.

- Can these stories be blocked to set as DONE when unfinished work is done? 

Let me ask now - is this scenario stupid? Or is there a different way to achieve an "easy workflow" and separate work without much manual work (like creating issues manually for each team member?)

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events