Do you plan to add 'Epic' field to next-gen projects' create issue screen?

Nandor Kiss March 21, 2019

So when I create a detailed issue through the "+" button on the left I can't add it to an Epic. Only after I created it. I think it would be a nice little feature ;)

1 answer

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2019

Hello Nándor, 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On JIRA Next-Gen, you are correct to say that the Epic-Link field is not visible in any of the issue screens (Create/Edit/View).

In fact, we agree with you that this feature would be great to provide the customers with the possibility to link Stories to Epics directly from the Story side, so we created the following suggestion:

As a Jira Software user, I want to be able to add existing stories to epics in Next-Gen (Agility) projects from the issue view

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Jennifer Middleton June 11, 2019

That Suggestion doesn't apply to the Create screen though, which is what everyone's recent comments are about. Is there a new Suggestion specific to the Create screen being able to add issues directly to Epics?

Like # people like this
Nitin Gupta July 28, 2019

Exactly! When will this feature be added. This is one of the main reasons why I would not use the next gen project - the whole point is to easily manage roadmaps and epics for all your issues.

Like # people like this
Rene Davis September 3, 2019

We definitely would like to have this feature - we would like to be able to trigger notifications by epic to specific slack channel, but because they also require some sort of action trigger (like create issue), they won't work because the epic can only be added after the issue is created and the actions that trigger the integration don't include being added to parent epic or ticket is edited.

Like Maria Bodkin likes this
Bryan Kennedy July 1, 2020

If you're looking for this feature on the `Create issue` screen, please vote for this feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17718

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events