Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscript to Team Calendar from Outlook missing Who

Larry Sutton October 5, 2020

Subscribe to Team Calendar from Outlook  works. However, if a custom "Add Event" was added for say "PTO", then Out look does not display the Who.  So in Outlook, we do not know who is on PTO.

It appears that "Add Event" truly adds an Event which does not need a persons name.

I tried the icon to see if it controlled the formatting but it does not. 

Why can there not be an Event format type like "Leave, Travel, Birthday"? 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2020

Hi Larry,

Unfortunately the behavior you've observed with the custom events not showing the "Who" field is a known issue with Team Calendars: CONFCLOUD-65209 

The difficulty with event types is that there's not a standard way to do the different types (Leave, Travel, Birthday, etc) in the ICS format the export generates. Confluence Team Calendars has to turn all the event types into a single event type for export - although it seems to have some different code for custom vs non-custom events. But certainly, dropping the "Who" from custom events as you noted leads to some problems. I'd like to say there's good news on this front, but it's been nearly two years since I opened the bug and there's been limited activity on it. I don't want to get your hopes up that the issue will be solved soon, as it is unlikely to get prioritized given the small number of people reporting it affecting them.

I think if you'd like to see the details in Outlook, the best advice I have at the moment is to use the built-in event types (Leave, Travel, Birthday, etc). You could also consider adding the person's name into the event summary, but the downside of this approach is that it will show the person's name twice if you are viewing the event in Confluence.

Cheers,
Daniel

Larry Sutton October 7, 2020

I there a way to consolidate Confluence calendars in Confluence? 

I have 12 teams but I share the teams. I have asked them to add there names in the "Where" field but that is difficult to enforce. I cant control which events the teams use. 

The events without the Summary field are the ones that don't work and this are the format used for custom events!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events