Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing created events under "Jira issue dates" on Jira calendar

Alagendran December 28, 2020

Hi,

I am embedding a calendar into a confluence page to track multiple team member activities based on Jira issue dates. 

I have added individual events with relevant Jira filtering on "Jira Issue dates" event.  Close to 20 such events are created with individual JQL filtering. 

Once the events are created, I would like to order them or delete some of them as required in the events list that shows along with the calendar. However, I am not able to do this. 

The only option, that I could see is, I can hide the whole set of "Jira Issue dates" event, which is not what I would like to do. 

Can you please help on this?

-Alagendran.

2 answers

0 votes
Balint Zsolt May 12, 2022

Hi,

You can remove the calendar event types if you have permission to edit the calendar.

You have to go to the top menu Calendar. (A calendar embedded in a confluence page does not have this functionality)

All the calendars you have subscribed to will be shown in the right side list.

If the calendar is not there you can click on the ... menu in the top right side corner and select Add existing calendar. Search for the calendar select it and click Add.

Now you'll have it in the right side list and you can see all the events. If you have permission to edit the calendar you'll see the "..." menu if you hover above the event type clicking on it you can remove it after a confirmation screen.

hope this helps,

Zsolt

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2020

Alagendran,

When adding Jira issues to a team calendar you can display them, use the calendar to update dates, link back to the issue but you are not able to delete them.  The issues coming form the JAL will be displayed on the calendar.  If you want to delete them you could update the filter to remove issues that have a certain component like "Remove From Calendar".  You could then add this component to items that you do not want to display on the calendar.

Alagendran January 4, 2021

Hi Brant,

Thanks for the response.  My intention is not to control the Jiras that are being picked using the JQL filter.

Consider the snippet below.  In this case, "Issue filter 1-3" on the right side of the calendar are all Jira events created for specific purposes.  Once these events are added, they appear on the right side of calendar, as I have configured. 

If I want to remove "Issue filter 3" from the list here, I am unable to do so. 

I would ideally expect a "Delete" option along with the "Edit / Refresh" options on the individual item selection on the right side of calendar here. 

can you please help me on this?

Capture.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2021

When you hover over the filter do you get three dots on the side?

Capture.PNG

Alagendran January 4, 2021

Hi Brunt,

Yes.  However, I get only the below listed options in the snippet.

tCapture1.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2021

What level of access do you have on the instance?  Are you an admin?

Alagendran January 5, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder ,

I am not an Admin for this page. 

However, the page and template is created fully by me.   Will there be a behavior difference if I am not the space admin?

-Alagendran

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

I am unable to recreate the issue.  What version of server and calendars are you using?

Pamela Strucker September 30, 2021

Hi @Alagendran did you manage to resolve the issue?

Hi @Brant Schroeder

I have almost the same issue? User added "Jira issue dates event" by accident and I cannot remove it in any place.

I am admin in the space (and Confluence), we are using Confluence DC 7.12.5 and built-in Team Calendars (7.1.4).

Lara Lopez March 7, 2022

Hello,

I  have the same issue, did anyone find a solution?

Антон Тимофеев
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2022

Hey all.

To remove already configured "JIRA Issue Date" events, you need to open the "Calendar" section of Confluence, located in the top menu bar. Only then you will be able to click the "three dots" icon near event type and delete it. 

If you are viewing an embedded calendar someone put on a page, you will not be able to delete JIRA Issue Date event. Therefore, please navigate to the Calendar menu instead of embedded calendar on some page.

This is weird, yes, but for some reason it works like this. 

Like Niinagromov likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events