Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will stride offer direct group message

Dhia Louhichi November 7, 2017

Hi,

We have been using Stride for couple of days now. I just noticed that I cannot send a direct message to multiple people. I want just to start a temporary discussion with specific persons and not go to the channel.

Are you planning to offer this feature?

Thanks

4 answers

2 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2018

Hi @J-P Pyykönen@Vicky Irvin, @Eduardo Williams, and @Scott

So here's the update - I was confused before because this is a feature that we have internally, but not one that has been released yet because it requires more testing. 

So the short answer is it's coming, but I'm not sure when.

If you wanted to show interest in this feature and get updates on when it launches, I would watch/vote on this ticket - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-1498?jql=text%20~%20%22multi%20direct%20message%22

I'm so sorry for the confusion! That's my fault for not better understanding the release train for this feature. 

J-P Pyykönen February 7, 2018

No problem and thanks for the answer @lauren  :) 

We will keep waiting the feature and voting that ticket

Vicky Irvin February 8, 2018

Thanks for the follow-up, @Lauren Harrison. The "I'm not sure when" answer, unfortunately, for us means we will not be continuing our Stride trial and will be moving to another product. Also, every single time we tried to have an audio meeting using Stride, it failed. My team lost patience with this and was very frustrated by the whole Stride experience.

1 vote
Eduardo Williams February 7, 2018

+1 ...   The only thing holding us to switch from slack.

1 vote
Serge Mongeau January 23, 2018

Looking for an update regarding this issue!

1 vote
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2017

Hi Dhia,

Yes, you will see group direct messages very soon! That functionality should be pushed out in the next version, so keep an eye out! 

You will see it when you: click the '+' button, choose the 'chat with a teammate' option, and then add multiple people to the conversation. 

Thanks for reaching out!

Dhia Louhichi November 15, 2017

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the reply! Do you have an ETA for the next version?

Thanks!

Dhia

lauren
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2017

The next update is supposed to go out this pending, pending any blockers. Fingers crossed! 

J-P Pyykönen December 4, 2017

Hi,

Is this option available yet?

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2017

Hi! Yes, this is available in Stride right now. You should be able to use it using the directions listed above, let me know if you can't find it!

Scott December 8, 2017

Hi Lauren, this doesn't seem to be working for me. I just got stride today and am really keen for this feature.

J-P Pyykönen December 10, 2017

Hi,

Its not working for us either. There is no any option to add multiple people to direct messages. When I click on first person, it automatically opens his/her conversation window. There is no any 'add multiple people' button or anything like that. Im using desktop version 1.7.16

lauren
Atlassian Team
December 11, 2017

Hmm sounds like there might be a bug. I'll let you all know when it is up and running!

J-P Pyykönen January 2, 2018

Hi,

Any update on this matter?

Scott January 9, 2018

Hi Lauren, would also like to know if there's an update. Loving stride so far, but really need this feature!

Vicky Irvin January 22, 2018

This is a deal-killer for our team as well. We are testing it out right now and definitely can't use Stride without this feature. Can you provide an update on timing?

J-P Pyykönen January 22, 2018

Still no news about this? This is very important feature. And i think it should be quite simple feature to add.

Jamie Hibbard May 9, 2018

@lauren I am new to stride, and can not find this feature. was it ever released?

Thibaud Lucchese May 16, 2018

@lauren Hi Lauren. Any update on this feature ? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events