Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connectivity on video calls

Miles December 5, 2017

My team is significantly remote and has been using Stride extensively for the past 2 weeks as our primary communication tool - including multiple daily web meetings.

Unfortunately we are all continuously receiving messages saying various individuals are experiencing poor connectivity (speed tests indicate otherwise) with the feed constantly going black and white.

My question: apart from abandoning this new tool, which I understand is still in BETA, what can be done to improve this?

7 answers

1 vote
Mike February 26, 2018

Has there been any feedback on this issue? We are also experiencing poor connectivity on the video calls. 

1 vote
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi Miles,

I'm so sorry to hear that, but thank you for reaching out to us. I will pass this feedback along to the Product team to see if there is some issue that I'm not aware of. 

Will report back :) 

Willo January 2, 2018

We've had some similar issues too when using stride since 15Dec.  Not quite to the black and white stage, but symbol showing poor conectivity.  I'd like to know what it's using as that metric so I can measure to other destinations for comparison.

Regina Saenz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2018

I have been experiencing this same issue, and I must say this is not an issue of slow internet speeds. I went to speedtest.net mid-call and I was getting around 530 Mbps download and 470 Mbps upload.  What is the deal?

Mike March 1, 2018

Same situation here. We have plenty of bandwidth available and still have these issues. 

0 votes
ǥøƀɏƀɨꝁɇ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

Hi @Michael Fernandes @Josh Waite and @Artur Stepien

I wanted to speak to the these video issues mentioned and draw attention to the bugs currently open which may address some issues being experienced.

These Bugs are actively being worked on:

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-124 | Improve CPU usage

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-819| Video is a CPU hog

They both touch on CPU spikes when using video meetings. Please provide your feedback and Vote on these to better deliver what you are experiencing to our developers. In the latest Bug we have responded with this message:

Hello all – We're doing a few things here to reduce the impact Stride Meetings has, some quick and some longer-term:

* Attempt to stick with 720p by default (rather than 1080p). SHIPPED on May 1, 2018.
* Reducing the blur on the sides of the video feedback – either by snapshoting it, or reducing the blur, etc. *IN BETA – AIMING TO SHIP SOON*
* Studying performance across the service to continue to bring this down. IN PROGRESS

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STRIDE-891 | Connectivity Problems

We have received a few support tickets about users experiencing video problems, latency, disconnecting and similar issues. If you are experiencing something related to what's in the bugs linked, please send us that feedback. If it's something completely different please contact us by creating a support ticket and we'll look into right away.

We want to ensure that these issues are addressed.

Sincerely,

Greg Keefer | Atlassian Stride Support

Trevor Cameron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2018

My company has been evaluating Stride for the past 6 weeks and have run into latency/connectivity issues in Stride video in nearly all video meetings. All of our employees work remotely and have a min 100mb/sec internet connection.  We have none of these issues with Google meet. Has there been any progress towards these reported issues?

0 votes
Mike May 24, 2018

Same here

0 votes
Josh Waite May 24, 2018

Still having these issues. Any feedback?

0 votes
Artur Stępień April 19, 2018

Same thing happening for use. Its so sad there is no response from support. Doesn't look like any one cares about product quality ... Who will ignore connectivity issues on a meeting with client. That disqualifies Stride from commercial use!

0 votes
Jeff Bake
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 3, 2018

We also are experiencing horrid connectivity issues, speed tests locally for all users indicate plenty of bandwidth available, but voice quality is spotty and screen sharing freezes and drops frequently. I was thinking it was due to using the evaluation version, but many are having the same issue with the paid version seemingly. 

UberConference & G-Hangouts do not present these issues to us?

Is this bug going to fixed? Its ruining our stride experience... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events