Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to minimise the menu/sidebars in Stride?

Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Even when reduced (on Desktop Apps), the Rooms/People Menu sidebar takes up lots of screen real estate. Any plans to make it possible to minimise? 

Stride UI.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Interesting - at first it didn't strike me as "too big" given the rest of the UI, but then I put 3 chat clients on top of each other to see the difference.

Stride, resizable sidebar, minimum width 240px.

Slack, non-customizable, set width at 222px.

HipChat, resizable sidebar, minimum width 118px.

image.png

It's great that the sidebar is resizable - a lower minimum width might help your use case. But because of needing to switch conversations, I can see why the designers might choose to not create a minimized mode. The nature of chat/collaboration tools calls for a lot of room switching. Might be cool to see a room hotbar in the very left panel though! The room icons are already in place :)

Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2017

that is interesting!

IMHO adding a little << />> like Confluence and JIRA have for their sidebars as well as having resizable width is the most user friendly option. I agree there's a lot of real estate in the blue very-left panel which could be used for more things also...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events