It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is it possible to minimise the menu/sidebars in Stride?

Even when reduced (on Desktop Apps), the Rooms/People Menu sidebar takes up lots of screen real estate. Any plans to make it possible to minimise? 

Stride UI.PNG

1 answer

Interesting - at first it didn't strike me as "too big" given the rest of the UI, but then I put 3 chat clients on top of each other to see the difference.

Stride, resizable sidebar, minimum width 240px.

Slack, non-customizable, set width at 222px.

HipChat, resizable sidebar, minimum width 118px.

image.png

It's great that the sidebar is resizable - a lower minimum width might help your use case. But because of needing to switch conversations, I can see why the designers might choose to not create a minimized mode. The nature of chat/collaboration tools calls for a lot of room switching. Might be cool to see a room hotbar in the very left panel though! The room icons are already in place :)

that is interesting!

IMHO adding a little << />> like Confluence and JIRA have for their sidebars as well as having resizable width is the most user friendly option. I agree there's a lot of real estate in the blue very-left panel which could be used for more things also...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Stride

Stride and Hipchat Cloud have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

2,421,848 views 26 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you