Why can't I add the StatusPage Relying Party Trust?

Russ Morris July 9, 2018

I am working on getting StatusPage set up with our on-premise AD FS server. I am able to add everything set up on the StatusPage web page, but when I add the StatusPage metadata URL to the AD FS management console it errors out. It looks like it cannot connect to the URL. I can pull it up in the browser but a ping and tracert to it fail. 

I also tried to download the XML file and import it into AD FS but neither are working. Has anyone ran into this? I am pretty new to AD FS so any help is greatly appreciated.  

1 answer

0 votes
Parker Hotchkiss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2018

Hello Russ,

Earlier this year, we turned off support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.2 connections to our services, requiring that all connections use TLS 1.2. In a couple of support cases, we've seen ADFS servers that try to make reach our servers over these deprecated protocols, resulting in refused connections.

It may be worth confirming with your IT team that your ADFS server is making calls over TLS 1.2 as a first step. If they confirm that to be true, and you continue to see errors, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in Support with the exact error message and any logs you have available, and we'll be happy to take a closer look!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events