cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook Updates Not Firing

Anthony Weddle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2018

I am attempting to deliver updates from my statuspage to a webhook endpoint where I can parse the information and take action based on it (Trigger VictorOps alert for the relevant team(s) when a component is switched from operational). 

I have setup a webhook in Azure LogicApps as well as several through free services online. I configured these  endpoints to respond with a 200 as described in the documentation.

Unfortunately I cannot get StatusPage to fire anything off. I am receiving email updates for every action, but none of my webhooks have received any data. 

1 answer

0 votes
Parker Hotchkiss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

Investigated this with Anthony in a support ticket, but wanted to share some information here as well.

At this time, Statuspage does not honor case-sensitive information in a webhook subscription URL. All addresses are stored as lowercase values.

In this specific case of using an Azure LogicApps webhook, there was a Shared Access Signature value being passed along in the webhook, which requires case sensitive validation. As information was being sent from Statuspage back to LogicApps, there was not an exact match in that SAS value, and thus the payload was rejected.

We've opened this for discussion internally, and if changes are made we will post an update on this thread.

Ece Akturk September 9, 2021

Hello! Is this case sensitivity behavior still the same? I'm trying to troubleshoot similar behavior and the only thing I can see is that there are some caps in the webhook subscription url from the customer. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events