Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uptime - Reporting

sarline@peoplenetonline.com January 25, 2022

I am wondering if there is an option to download your uptime report for the year. This would be used to provide SLA metrics to our external and internal customers. If there is not a reporting structure in place can we request an enhancement be made to the site? 

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2022

Hi there, welcome to the Community!

I understand you're looking to generate an uptime report.

Currently there aren't graphical/in-app options for exporting historical uptime data. The subscriber lists are the only data available for export from the web interface.

However, the API provides access to all the component and incident data. The Get a list of incidents endpoint should provide all the info necessary for a report like this. The fields you might want to look at from the reply:

• created_at
  • resolved_at
  • components
  • status ("resolved" will be the end status for realtime incidents, while "completed" is the end-state for scheduled maintenance)

From that data, you could filter per-component and decide if scheduled events will be part of the downtime calculation. You can get the difference between the created and resolved timestamps to determine the downtime for the incident, and then compare that against the total time in the period you're tracking (quarter, year). I would imagine that something like a python script would be easier to write and schedule for this than an excel macro, but the results of a script could be exported to CSV to manipulate in Excel or create graphs from.

To my knowledge, there are not scripts like this that folks have created and published for others to use. If you do create such a script, it would be interesting to publish on Community for others to benefit from and help improve.

Cheers,
Daniel

sarline@peoplenetonline.com January 27, 2022

Thank you, Daniel, 

I will take a look at the API information you provided me. I appreciate your assistance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events