You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Join now to unlock these features and more
We have subscribed to a statuspage that uses the default @statuspage.io domain to send alerts from. These all end up marked as spam in M365 and Gmail because the SPF and DKIM seem to be for sendgrid.net not statuspage.io, but the from and reply to in the email header are all for @statuspage.io.
Have others run into this and is there a way for Atlassian to fix the appropriate mail records for statuspage.io?
This is Jesse from the Statuspage support team. Welcome to the community! We use Mailgun and Sendgrid for sending all our mail. There are a few reasons that we see messages get marked as spam when using the default statuspage.io domain. This is usually attributed to third-party security or monitoring services. These sometimes edit the mail, which can make the DKIM record invalid and get marked as spam. This is the most common reason.
What might be better is to open a support ticket and we can look at some examples together to see if there is something strange going on. In my most recent tests, everything seems to be coming through correctly so we would want to see some examples. Please open a ticket at support.atlassian.com.
Thanks for your time!
I am a consumer of a statuspage.io page and do not have a subscription or support for the page. Would I still submit a ticket?
The issue with the email headers is the DKIM and SPF are for sendgrid.net and do not match the original from or reply-to domains of @statuspage.io. If you individually check these, they appear to succeed, but DMARC will fail overall because of the mismatch.
M365 and Gmail both send these messages to spam by default on all of the accounts I have checked.
If you can submit one, you are welcome to but thanks for letting me know your situation.
Are you able to share the URL of the page? If it is public, I can look and see what might be going on. If the page in question is one of our customers, what might be better is to reach out to them directly. We only have so much insight into a page without consent from the owner of the page so if there is an issue with their mail setup, we can dive deeper with them.
Right now, I can see that DKIM, SPF, and DMARC all pass my test Statuspage through Gmail, which uses the "email@example.com." This makes me think that the configuration for the customer might be having issues, but we wouldn't be sure without hearing from the customer directly and getting their consent to look at their configuration.
Thanks for your time!
I took a look and it looks like they are trying to use a custom email domain for their notifications so their configuration could have an issue if it is failing the DMARC. I can't see more into it without their consent. I would definitely recommend reaching out to them to check their configuration and reach out to us through a support ticket. Thanks for providing the details!