Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statuspage API Create incident link to template

Ngô_Phi_Hùng February 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm integrating our services with Statuspage. I have read the API document at here https://developer.statuspage.io/#operation/postPagesPageIdIncidents.

I'm successfully create an incident, but i'm looking for how to link to a template that i have created before.

Thanks all

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jake Bartlett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2020

Hi @Ngô_Phi_Hùng it's not currently possible to call an incident template when creating an incident using the API. However, this is a feature request in our backlog and I've added a note to that.

As a workaround for now, we suggest including the incident template content directly in the API scripts you're using to create the incident. You can customize the incident message content to be anything you'd like in that API call. 

Ngô_Phi_Hùng February 24, 2020

Thanks for your information.

Michael H March 9, 2021

I also stumbled around looking templates usage for incidents inside the API

Seems like a natural thing to allow tailoring of the messages etc from the webportal; but have the automation trigger the incident by applying a template

Guess the templates are meant for manually creating incidents through the web portal? 

Joseph Lodato April 16, 2021

100%, this should be available in the API. @Jake Bartlett can you link the feature request ticket so we can upvote it?

thanks

Like Shubham Aggarwal likes this
Shubham Aggarwal May 11, 2021

Can we see the feature request and perhaps vote on it?

Anuj May 7, 2022

Any progress on this feature request yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events