Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Page or Audience Specific Page

Wes Jordan April 21, 2022

My use case:  I want to provide our clients access to our status page, but the page not be viewable by the general public.  My plan is to allow users to register from our sites admin page via the API.  Is an audience specific or private page a better fit for this?  Why?

I feel like I'm missing something pretty obvious that makes one of these the obvious choice.

Thanks for your help,

1 answer

0 votes
Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2022

Hi,

Private pages are hidden behind authentication. Page viewers must log in with credentials in order to view the page. Atlassian supports SAML 2.0 and Google Auth for private pages.

Private Page trials are limited to 30 days with full functionality.

Audience-specific pages have set permissions for what users and groups can view and what notifications they can receive. Choose what components and information is visible so that users and groups see only what is of interest to them.

So in your case I would go for private.

Regards

Howard

Wes Jordan April 22, 2022

So audience specific pages don't require authentication?  If so that's the key piece that I was missing.  I guess another thing I don't understand is how an audience specific page can work without authenticating users. 

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2022

Hi Wes,

Check out this example.

That will probably give you a good understanding of the audience specific option:

https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/audience-specific-page-example/

Regards

Howard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events