1) Was Statuspage included in the penetration testing outlined by the pen test report available on the web site? That is, can we assume it was pen tested and all results are included in the report?
2) Does Atlassian have additional information on how their development practices and policies for Statuspage reflect their commitment to secure engineering? I found the CAIQ self assessment for Jira and Confluence Cloud, HipChat and Bitbucket cloud offerings, but Statuspage is more elusive.
I'm interested in these areas:
This would answer questions like:
I'll be honest, we don't have formal documentation that we can point you to about how we concern ourselves with secure coding for Statuspage. Also, we haven't had an external pen test for about 2 years now.
However, there are a number of things we do as an Atlassian product related to security.
1. Atlassian has an internal security team and that team runs network and XSS scanners on the product regularly.
2. We run a public bug bounty program and we conform to strict internal SLAs around addressing the issues raised. The SLAs vary based on the severity of the vulnerability.
3. We run our infrastructure on the internal Atlassian PaaS which has been built from the ground up with security in mind and which has passed many internal and external security audits. Using this PaaS means that every deploy we do spins up a new set of AWS EC2 instances, so our running instances are never long-lived. It's also the case that none of these instances have public remote access.
4. We also conform to a SOX compliant coding standard that Atlassian has adopted. All code that is deployed must go through peer code review and receive two independent approvals before being deployed.
Our developers do not receive any special secure coding training but we do have very senior engineers that have worked on products at scale on the team.
I hope this information helps a bit and I'm sorry I don't have more concrete information to share.
Thanks, @Dylan Etkin. That does help.
May I suggest that Atlassian explicitly include Statuspage as one of the test targets in its Bug Bounty program?
Hi Community friends, We're working on sourcing more reviews on Capterra – a popular software review site – to help teams like yours make more informed decisions when choosing an inc...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events