Is it possible for us to bring SMTP delivery on-prem so that emails stop having "External" within th

samuel.deleon February 9, 2022

Is it possible for us to bring SMTP delivery on-prem so that emails stop having "External" within them? This is causing issues with our proofpoint scans and delivery.

1 answer

0 votes
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2022

Hi @samuel.deleon ,

This is Darryl, Statuspage Support. I am here to help. 

From your description, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, is this inquiry related to the Email address of the Statuspage notification?

If yes, it could be helpful for setting up your customized "From" email address.

Here is the documentation regarding this topic for your reference -> https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/customize-email-notifications/#Custom-email-addresses

In order to achieve that, you might need to complete the DNS and also the SPF/DKIM records setup first.

For further assistance, we recommend you open up a support request to us.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

samuel.deleon February 16, 2022

Hey Darryl, 

So this is similar to what we are needing. But we want to use a SMTP relay server so that statuspage will send a message to a SMTP server in our environment. And then that SMTP relay server will send the messages out to our customers. 

Is this something that we are able to get set up? 

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2022

Hi @samuel.deleon ,

Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, in the current design, Statuspage only supports the customization for the "From" email address, it will involve the SPF+DKIM DNS records to complete.

It doesn't work in the way you described.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events