Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for maintenance page posts with global impact (multiple time zones)?

Julia Duda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2024

My organization has a couple products that have global impact when taken offline for maintenance. Currently, we create a maintenance page post that lists the date and time with a lengthy list of time zones. Is there a way to create a "parent" maintenance post with separate "children" for each of the time zones we want to represent?

Or is there a way to display the date and time of the maintenance in one time zone (EST/EDT) but depending on where a user lives, it will show up for them in their local time zone?

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2024

Hi @Julia Duda ,

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to create parent maintenances, and as for the conversion to local timezones, we do have a feature request for this logged under STATUS-22.

This may be something you could accomplish with custom Javascript (if your plan includes custom HTML/CSS/JS) by getting the user's timezone from their browser and then converting it to local time. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events