How to retrieve the Page Id and App Key through postman tool to access statusPage?

fazuluddin December 18, 2017

For statusPage, I don't want to use the Page Id and App Key which is available under "Manage Account > API", I want to generated the Page Id and App Key through postman tool and is there any way to do that one?

1 answer

0 votes
M@ICE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Fazuluddin Mohammed,

The PageID is not something you can generate yourself. These are unique numbers generated by the Statuspage.io environment. 
API keys are user specific. Each team member (admin) that you create in your environment will have their own API key.

Kind regards,

Matthijs

fazuluddin December 20, 2017

Hi Matthijs van Leeuwen,

Thanks for the reply,

No need to generate the Page Id and API Key, can I get these 2 values through postman tool by hitting some URL API by passing credential(username and password)? I don't want to go to "Manage Account > API" and retrieve the same.

fazuluddin December 20, 2017

Hi Matthijs van Leeuwen,

I mean, if Page Id and App key is already generated by Statuspage.io environment for the particular user, can I get those details by hitting some URL from postman tool as  I don't want to get those details from "Manage Account > API" .

It would be great if you provide this details ASAP.

M@ICE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Fazuluddin Mohammed,

It is not possible to retrieve the PageID or API key through an API call or through the Postman tool. The PageID and API key are used to authenticate that the call is valid. 

Allowing a query to retrieve these values would create a security risk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events