Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "un-override" downtime data for a component?

Twilight Sparkle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2023

I set an override for the "major outage" downtime for a component but would like to undo that now and let the "original" downtime show (which is continuing to increase because it concerns an active, ongoing incident):

screenshot.png

However, I can't find a way to achieve this in the UI. Neither clearing the time fields in the above screenshot nor setting it to the "original" time makes it return to showing the "original" downtime duration for the component. How can this be achieved?

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2023

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to us with this issue. In this case, where the downtime was edited during an active incident, i believe your best option would be to wait until the incident has been resolved, and the component set back to "Operational", then manually edit the downtime to reflect the original/real downtime of the component, so that the uptime history for the component is correct.

Unfortunately, I believe you will not be able to make the component downtime automatically reflect the ongoing incident now that it has been already edited, so I believe the above solution is the easiest way to guarantee the component accuracy.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Alan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events