Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change domains and what are the consequences?

Peter Gravelle July 11, 2023

How do I change the custom domain name of my statuspage?

Will doing so affect my subscribers' integrations? Slack/RSS/etc.?

1 answer

0 votes
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2023

Hello @Peter Gravelle 
This is Mubeen, I will be happy to help.

If you would like to change the custom domain name from Domain-A to Domain-B. We will need you to put in a CNAME record for the new domain(Domain-B) to mirror the values currently in place for the active domain(Domain-A). 
Once the CNAME values are validated you can reach out to Statuspage support so we will help with further changes. There will not be any impact except your Statuspage being redirected to a new custom domain URL.

I hope the information provided is helpful. 

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Peter Gravelle July 13, 2023

Thanks Mubeen! Before we do this, I also need to know whether this will affect my Slack/webhook/etc. subscribers so we can notify them ahead of time. 

Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2023

Hello @Peter Gravelle 

There will be no impact on subscribers or page-level configurations by changing your custom domain. You are required to notify the users about the new domain URL to follow for Statuspage updates.

When you connect with the Statuspage support team, you can request for keeping your old Custom Domain name as a redirect to the new domain URL until you make sure everything is working accordingly. 

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Peter Gravelle October 31, 2023

Hi @Mubeen Mohammed I have filed such a case at: https://support.atlassian.com/requests/CA-2637697/ and have had no response for a week. Do you have a suggestion on how I can get this actioned?

Thanks in advance!

Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2023

Hello @Peter Gravelle 

I can internally confirm this ticket request is now processed/completed.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events