How do I visually get a red bar if an incident happened in the past.

bartbehage December 20, 2022

I know it is possible to create a backfill an incident.

But I want it also visually in the bar with the color red. How can you do this?

3 answers

1 vote
Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2022

Hey Bartbehage, 
My name is Rafa with the Statuspage support.

To visually backfill an incident in Statuspage, you will need to use the Statuspage API to update the incident status. Here is an example of how to do this using cURL:

1. First, make sure you have the incident ID of the incident that you want to backfill. You can find the incident ID in the URL of the incident page, or by using the List Incidents API endpoint.

2. Next, use the Update an Incident API endpoint to update the incident status to "investigating." You will need to include the incident ID in the endpoint URL, and pass the status and backfill parameters in the request body. Here is an example of how to do this using cURL:

Copy code
curl -X PATCH "https://api.statuspage.io/v1/pages/{page_id}/incidents/{incident_id}" \ -H "Authorization: OAuth {api_key}" \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" \ -d '{ "incident": { "status": "investigating", "backfill": true } }'

This will update the incident status to "investigating" and visually backfill the incident in the status page timeline. The incident will appear in the timeline with a red bar to indicate that it is in progress.

Here is the API documentation API 

I hope this helps! :)

Best
Rafa

bartbehage December 22, 2022

Sorry, but this does not give a good result, see image below

Could there be a bug in the frond-end?

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2023

Hey Bartbehage, your best bet for your use case, in order for the changes to appear on the graph, would be to directly edit the component uptime for that day by going into the "Components" tab, clicking on the desired component, then clicking on the desired day in the graph, and changing either the "Partial outage" or "Major outage" times for that day as you wish, then clicking save. That should then start reflecting on your uptime graph, as well as the uptime percentage calculation.

screenshot_modify_uptime_2023-02-21T14:40:30.134Z.gif EDIT UPTIME_2023-02-21T14:41:06.574Z.png

Let me know if you run into any issues with this!

Cheers,
Alan

0 votes
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2023

Hey Bartbehage, your best bet for your use case, in order for the changes to appear on the graph, would be to directly edit the component uptime for that day by going into the "Components" tab, clicking on the desired component, then clicking on the desired day in the graph, and changing either the "Partial outage" or "Major outage" times for that day as you wish, then clicking save. That should then start reflecting on your uptime graph, as well as the uptime percentage calculation.

screenshot_modify_uptime_2023-02-21T14:40:30.134Z.gif EDIT UPTIME_2023-02-21T14:41:06.574Z.png

Let me know if you run into any issues with this!

Cheers,
Alan

0 votes
bartbehage February 27, 2023

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 10.04.33.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events