Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a single status page allow general publc access and audience specific?

Michi Moshkovitz March 4, 2024

Hi

I need public general access AND audience specific for some of the components. It there an option to do that on the audience specific page type?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2024

Hey Michi, Alan from the Statuspage Support team here.

Audience-specific pages by default require all users to authenticate to access the page and see the components/incidents, and there is currently no way to circumvent this.

With the above in mind, to achieve your use case you would likely need two separate pages - One public, and one audience-specific.

Cheers,

Alan

Michi Moshkovitz March 5, 2024

Thanks Alan.

What if we showed the public website somehow inside the audience specific one?

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2024

Hey Michi,

That would depend on what you are trying to achieve - Do you want some components to only be accessible to users within certain audience groups, while other components to be accessible to anyone with no authentication or access required?

You might be able to show data from one page inside another page using some combination of custom code and/or the APIs:

Use custom HTML on a status page 

What are the different APIs under Statuspage? 

Another functionality worth taking a look at is the Status Embed:

What is Status embed? 

Cheers,

Alan

Michi Moshkovitz March 11, 2024

Thanks. Unfortunately not super helpful... 

Is this on the roadmap? Allowing both types in one?

Just to clarify. Support I have 3 components:

1. platform availability
2. customer-x integration
3. customer-t integration

I want 1 to be accessed by the public unauthenticated access
1+2 to be accessed by customer-x rep in an authenticated access
1+3 to be accessed by customer-y rep in an authenticated access

Alan Violada
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2024

Hey Michi,

While there is no ETA for this being developed, we do have an open Feature Request that is being reviewed by our engineering team regarding the implementation of hybrid pages like you mentioned.

I have added this topic to that request, and as Statuspage feature requests are currently for internal access only, If you ever need to reference the request to ask about its progress, the ID is STATUS-296.

I would recommend keeping an eye out on our community page for any news about feature updates: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage/ct-p/statuspage

In the below link you can read about our feature implementation policy if you like: https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html

Let me know if you have any questions, or anything else we can try to assist with!

Regards,

Alan 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events