Are Statuspage webhook IPs included in the published IP ranges (https://ip-ranges.atlassian.com/)?

Robert Spurrier September 23, 2021

Our team wants to subscribe to Statuspage webhooks for Snowflake -- however, our consuming service needs a static IP (or range) to add to an allowlist so we don't have to expose any services to the public internet.

I was wondering if an incoming Statuspage webhook will have an IP range published at https://ip-ranges.atlassian.com/

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Spurrier October 8, 2021

Got some webhooks sent to us recently. Incoming Statuspage webhooks were all in the 

18.246.31.224/28

CIDR range, which is listed by Atlasssian.

Not sure if they will all be within a listed range, but did want to make note of it here.

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2021

Hi @Robert Spurrier, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm afraid not, at least this is still the documented state of affairs as per Enable webhook notifications:

Our IP addresses are subject to change at any time. I.e, we do not have a set IP range. Take this into consideration when allowlisting and be aware that our range may change. [emphasis mine]

Of course, it would be helpful if Atlassian would explicitly mention the absence of well known IP ranges for Statuspage right within IP addresses and domains for Atlassian cloud products, or at least reference separate docs for details similar to Bitbucket and Trello.

Cheers,
Steffen

Robert Spurrier October 8, 2021

Hey Steffen, I really appreciate your reply.

I'm waiting for an official answer from an Atlassian engineer or product owner here. The documentation is conflicting...'we do not have a set IP range' vs 'here are the IP ranges for all Atlassian cloud products'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events