Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sourcetree full revision in patch

tj smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2014

When I generate a patch in sourcetree, it doesn't look like it's putting the full revision in the patch. For example, from SourceTree I'll get:

index 19e3ab7..f21414a 100644

But when getting the patch from the command line, I'll get:

index 19e3ab72e04ce4f4f34c45f6f4135ab7904c3441..f21414a48b7105eaec5e8c1570daa47083a6e947 100644

How can I get the full value from SourceTree's patch?

4 answers

0 votes
Christoph Schmidt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2018

Same problem here with ReviewBoard. +1 for full revisions.

0 votes
Neo Scorpio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 14, 2015

+1 for the full revision option. The patch generated can not be used in ReviewBoar. It made me generate diff file in cmd-line.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

Is there a reason that SourceTree's shorthand is insufficient?

0 votes
tj smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 24, 2014

We use ReviewBoard to code review, and it doesn't like the shorthand:

The revision '19e3ab7' for 'file.php' isn't in a valid format: The SHA1 is too short. Make sure the diff is generated with `git diff --full-index`.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events