Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install Sourcetree on Windows 10

cop007 April 2, 2018

when I double-click the installation file or run as administrator,I can see a splash screen and disappear in 10 seconds,then I open the 'C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local' directory,no 'Altassia' folder was created,and I get 'SquirrelSetup.log' in 'C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp' directory,the log contents are:

=============================================

2018-04-03 13:13:35> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install . --rerunningWithoutUAC
2018-04-03 13:13:35> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2018-04-03 13:13:35> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SourceTree
2018-04-03 13:13:35> CheckForUpdateImpl: Couldn't write out staging user ID, this user probably shouldn't get beta anything: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: 未能找到路径“C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SourceTree\packages\.betaId”的一部分。
在 System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
在 System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
在 System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
在 System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
在 System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
在 System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
在 System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
在 Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.getOrCreateStagedUserId()
2018-04-03 13:13:35> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: 未能找到路径“C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SourceTree\packages\RELEASES”的一部分。
在 System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
在 System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
在 System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
在 Squirrel.Utility.LoadLocalReleases(String localReleaseFile)
在 Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.<CheckForUpdate>d__2.MoveNext()
2018-04-03 13:13:35> CheckForUpdateImpl: Reading RELEASES file from C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2018-04-03 13:13:35> CheckForUpdateImpl: First run or local directory is corrupt, starting from scratch
2018-04-03 13:13:35> ApplyReleasesImpl: Writing files to app directory: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.4.8
2018-04-03 13:13:36> LogHost: Rigging execution stub for SourceTree_ExecutionStub.exe to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SourceTree\SourceTree.exe
2018-04-03 13:13:36> ApplyReleasesImpl: Squirrel Enabled Apps: [C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.4.8\SourceTree.exe]
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Starting fixPinnedExecutables
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: File Explorer.lnk
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: Firefox.lnk
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: Google Chrome.lnk
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: ShadowsocksR.lnk
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: 腾讯QQ.lnk
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: Fixing up tray icons
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: cleanDeadVersions: for version 2.4.8
2018-04-03 13:13:43> ApplyReleasesImpl: cleanDeadVersions: exclude folder app-2.4.8

=============================================

please help me and sorry for my poor English,thank you all~

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi 
You shouldn't need to run as an admin, it installs into %localappdata% so only needs local user rights.

If you run the installer normally do you get anything installed into the %localappdata%/Sourcetree folder?

cop007 April 3, 2018

Hi Michael,thank you for your reply!

after I run the installer normally,I can get things installed,contents as the pics shown:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------3.png---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but both of 'SourceTree\SourceTree.exe' and 'SourceTree\app-2.4.8\SourceTree.exe' are not working whether run normally or run as admin.

Like gunoj likes this
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Nice pictures (thumbsup)

OK, it looks like the installation completed, as such it looks like an issue running the installed app.

Can you check the Event Viewer for any entries related to Sourcetree.exe and also the %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\sourcetree.log ?

Thanks

cop007 April 4, 2018

Hi Michael,there's no 'Atlassian' folder created in %localappdata% directory,so I can't provide sourcetree.log,but I find 3 event logs during excuting '%localappdata%\SourceTree\SourceTree.exe':

=======================================================

1.png

2.png=======================================================

3.png

According to the event log and Ana's solution(captured from another post):

6.pngI think the problem is that the version of .net framework is too low(v4.0.30319),but when I install the latest version file,the system prompt that I have already installed the .net framwork v4.7.1 or later,I checked it out specially:

5.png

4.png

what can I do to solve this problem... Thanks Michael~~~

Steffen Bode April 18, 2018

hmm, look at the windows log pls:

my log says: Application: SourceTree.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
at System.Management.ThreadDispatch.Start()
at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
at SourceTree.Utils.WindowsOSHelper.GetWindowsVersion()
at SourceTree.App..ctor()
at SourceTree.App.Main()

so for me: sourcetree is also a buggy prog.

S

minnsey
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2018

Hi

With respect to the version numbers its worth remembering that the Framework runs on top of the CLR so ever Framework since 4.0 runs on the 4.0 CLR.

I reasonably certain the installation has completed, the issues is with Sourcetre vs .NET.

I know from personal experience there can be issues with getting the .NET 4.7.1 framework 'acknowledged' by the OS until there has been a reboot.

cop007 April 23, 2018

I solved this issue by reinstalling os(reserved apps and settings),thank you so much!

0 votes
jmmalunao September 18, 2019

After updating I can no longer login, then I tried re-install but no to avail. I got this error from log:

[Sourcetree.Composition.VSMef.Net471.CompositionExceptionHelper] [Log] - ReflectionTypeLoadException:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.PartDiscovery.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<CreateAssemblyDiscoveryBlockChain>b__0(Assembly a)

===

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Tried different .net related solution down to editing regedit but still, same error above persist.

Any idea to solve this?

Thank you.

0 votes
florida Wilson October 8, 2018

To install and configure SourceTree on Windows 10 you have to follow these steps:

1. First, you have to Install to C:\tools\SourceTree

2. Then you have to Configure SourceTree

3. After that, Disable antivirus in your source directories.

Still, anybody facing any type of issues related to Window then they can take assistance from Microsoft Windows support team . they will help you out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events