Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it impossible to change your username in SourceTree?

Nick Myers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2016

I entered the wrong username when trying to do a Pull.  Every time I try to do a Pull, it prompts me for a password, but never for a username.  I've looked at dozens of posts online, and clicked through every menu I could find, and I've concluded that it is impossible to change your username.  Why???

2 answers

0 votes
cvcolomb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2016

Same, or at least similar problem here. One of my repos has a different username, but Sourcetree is only showing me the default. I go into setting for that repository and change username, but it isn't used when I try to pull. I tried editing the config file as well, no change.

0 votes
Alan Hayes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 16, 2016

Hi, I also am completely frozen out of Source Tree 2.2 on my Macbook. 

I installed SourceTree, entered an incorrect username, and now I can't change it.

Also, Preferences are disabled, clicking anything just makes a bell sound.

I've tried uninstalling, and there are no remnant config files that I can find. But after reinstalling, I still see my incorrect username, which I cannot change.

Help!

Alan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events