Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Sourcetree become so dreadfully slow when executing git operations?

Martin Wunderlich June 17, 2015

Hi,

I quite like working with SourceTree, however, recently it has become a major blocker for my work. Any operation that involves some kind of git operation seems to be very slow. Examples are: Staging files, making a commit, building the branch view etc. Often the progress icon will rotate for several minutes in the index panel after staging a file before I can continue to work. This leads to a frustrating user experience when trying to get my work done. I am on version 2.0.5.2 and Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.3). 

Cheers,

Martin

j

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Wunderlich June 23, 2015

No anwers? Pity. I will resort back to command line then and start looking for a sourcetree alternative.

0 votes
Martin Wunderlich June 17, 2015

PS: This here is the message I keep getting when I try to run any other operation while the progress icon is showing:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree -c sequence.editor='/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/stree_gri' -c core.editor='/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/stree_gri' rebase --continue

fatal: Unable to create '/Users/marw/Documents/workspaceDev_fix/censhare-product/.git/index.lock': File exists.

If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a

git process crashed in this repository earlier. Make sure no other git

process is running and remove the file manually to continue.

Applying: <commit msg>

Completed with errors, see above

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events