Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't Windows version of S.T. have "reset" or "reset to commit" as options on files?

Michael Mossey October 29, 2018

I normally use SourceTree on Mac, and when I want to discard local changes and restore the original checked-out version, I right-click on the file in the staging area and click "reset" and "reset to commit".

I'm a computer science tutor and one of my students uses SourceTree on Windows. He has an unfortunate tendency to reflexively change any file he looks at by inserting or deleting some white space, not realizing that he's creating possible conflicts with my files.

So first, I'm trying to get him to stop doing that.

Second, I want to discard his local changes so he can commit and pull without creating needless conflicts. But the Windows options are different. such as "remove" and "discard".

What's the right way to discard local changes or revert a file on Windows to the checked-out version?

"Discard"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2018

Hi

Yes Discard will undo the current un-commited changes to a tracked file in Sourcetree for Windows

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events