Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is a legend for all the icons used in the Sourcetree file status list? (i.e. added, modified)

john van strien February 3, 2016

3 answers

1 vote
Craig Eidson October 19, 2017

I think Seth is referring to his post Idiograms [sic] which describes ideograms found within the program. Short answer, there is no legend. But you can use the tooltips when hovering over the icons. Not ideal because instead of learning about Source Tree you have to react to new icons when they appear then do a search and figure out what they each mean and how to respond.   

1 vote
john van strien February 4, 2016

I have scoured this site and the rest of the internet, and found far too little information about the meaning of the several file status icons. NONE of the few answers that I found describe ALL the icons. All the answers combined do not describe all the icons.

Why has something so useful and simple to accomplish not been done? Why is it not in the Sourcetree Help system? 

Yes, I realize that I paid $0 for Sourcetree and it is otherwise a very useful program. 

dbnex November 13, 2018

I tend to agree.  Why not having something so useful like "legend" showing these icons in Help menu or documentation is beyond me

Volodymyr Dhzychko March 1, 2020

Agree

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

If you search this site, this has been asked and answered before. Some of the answers describe all the icons, but there is no official "legend" that has been published by Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events