Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What changed with the fetch between version 3.0.15 to 3.1.3

angelarrobinson13
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2019

I update my Sourcetree every time I see a notice of an updated version.  Somewhere between 3.0.15 (Coworker has) and 3.1.3 (I have), when clicking Fetch, the available commits to pull are not showing in the main history panel. It now only shows a number indicating how many commits are available (See below). How can I bring back the old feature of it actually showing the commits in the History panel?  

I ask this because when my team comes up with a critical error on the project and there have been several commits in a short period of time, it is helpful for us to pull one commit at a time in order to determine where it was that the critical error happened. Those that are on version 3.0.15 can do this by "resetting to this commit" option in the right click menu one at a time and pull in order.  Those on 3.1.3 have to Pull, then back track to the desired commit to check it. If that isn't the commit that had the error, we have to pull all again and the back to the next commit in line. 

Sourcetree history tab not showing available commits to pull.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2019

Hello! Could you try checking the "Show Remote Branches" checkbox at the top of the History view? I suspect you can't see those 10 commits because they are on the remote.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events