Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Sourcetree with GitSwarm

sjcarroll September 6, 2018

Hello -

I used Sourcetree before at a previous company when our source was on github.com.  However at my current company we've started using GitSwarm and have our source stored on an internal URL (for example:  gitswarm.company.com).  Is there a way I can use Sourcetree as the GUI on top of these repos and if so, how can I do this?  When I went to add a remote repository, it didn't seem like I could do this.

- Steve

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

Hi

You can use Sourcetree with any Host, you just don't get the REST interactions, e.g. listing remote projects, links to creating PRs etc.

If you have the clone URL for your repo you should be able to clone through the New Tab/Clone panel. Alternatively you can clone using the command line Git and then use New Tab/Add panel to create a Sourcetree bookmark for the repository. 

The above information is for Sourcetree for Windows but the principles apply to both windows and macOS versions.

sjcarroll September 7, 2018

Ah, I was under the impression I had to somehow add my account to SourceTree before I could clone the repositories.  But as long as I have my SSH key added to my workstation and assigned in GitSwarm, SourceTree will pick that up and allow me to clone and then later commit, push, all that git goodness?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

In principle yes.

Just make sure your SSH key is loaded locally. In windows this means adding it to openSSH/ssh-agent or PuTTY/Pagaent depending on your settings.

sjcarroll September 10, 2018

Thanks Michael!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events