Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 2.3.1 and now SourceTree won't open

Alex_King
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2017

This happens every other time I update, and I end up having to revert to an older version. Incredibly frustrating as someone who uses Sourcetree almost every day. Just wanted to share so maybe the devs can fix this...

EDIT: Windows 10 on a Surface Book

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi
Do you get any response at all?

Worth checking:

Sourcetree has installed to %localappdata%\SourceTree\app-2.3.1
Running ether %localappdata%\Sourcetree\SourceTree.exe OR %localappdata%\Sourcetree\app-2.3.1\SourceTree.exe shoudl start the app.

Check, using Task Manager that there isn't a instance of Sourcetree already left running in the background, if there is any new instance of Sourcetree will see it and defer to it.

Anything relevant in %localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log or the Event Viewer?

Joe Snyder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2017

Same issue here. No response (no quick popups, etc.) and no instance already running. Tried starting the app from both %localappdata%\Sourcetree\SourceTree.exe and %localappdata%\Sourcetree\app-2.3.1\SourceTree.exe to no avail. Here's what showed up in %localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log:

ERROR [2017-09-13 16:23:43,362] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-09-13 16:23:43,507] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
at SourceTree.Configuration.WpfSpellCheckerPreFlightCheck.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the latest from https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/ (2.1.11.0) but will hold off on upgrading for now.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi,
That looks like a bug assigning the parent window to a popup notification window.

I've created this issue to track https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-7908

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events