Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to sourcetree 2.2.2 and can't get past the customer agreement / account login screen

Joshua Kelly February 24, 2016

Unfortunately i just get stuck on the following screen, it's locked up and when i quit i get an unexpected error message. OSX 10.11.3 and Sourcetree 2.2.2

Screenshot 2016-02-25 09.59.16.png

Any ideas?

4 answers

1 vote
frazras
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2017

Do not use the upgrade Just download a new install from the site. That worked for me

1 vote
zhezhang February 24, 2016

Here is my solution for now:

• go to application preference files folder located in` ~/Library/Preferences`

• delete SourceTree preference file called `com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist`

• restart your SourceTree app.

It will work.

chrishales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 25, 2016

Thank you! This solution worked for me.

Joshua Kelly February 25, 2016

Unfortunately i don't have this file on my machine...

Nisse Bergman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 28, 2016

This worked for me too

Joshua Kelly February 29, 2016

Installed 1.7 again and this file appeared. Followed your steps and it's now working. Thanks mate!

0 votes
Sharon Hinde
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

I had this problem and found I had to log in to my.atlassian.com in Safari (on mac - which is weird because I never use that browser) and then the login screen would load in Sourcetree and I could enter my details.

0 votes
chrishales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 24, 2016

I'm having the exact same issue.

Upgraded to 2.2.2 and went through the update and was asked to log into Atlassian. On that first run the app seemed to run okay. After however I can not get past the same screen as the OP. If I try to quit it crashes.

Joshua Kelly February 24, 2016

My exact issue mate. Worked perfectly the first time, now every time i try to start the application i get stuck here.

zhezhang February 24, 2016

Same issue here! Really need a fix soon.

Steven Nash
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 7, 2016

The account login rejects my username/password on os x, without say why.  Login details are fine in browsers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events