Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to finish features or releases

Michael Gambold February 26, 2019

Latest Sourcetree on mac 10.14.3.

Cannot finish features/releases and has been like this since v3. Symptoms the same as gitlab vs bitbucket. Also the same using password vs OAuth.

EDIT: removed pic.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Hi @Michael Gambold,

Can you try it with the older git-flow implementation and let us know if it works properly?

1. download and install per their documentation
2. in Preferences -> Git, click "Use System git-flow" 

Our apologies for the hiccup.

Brian Ganninger
Principal Developer, Sourcetree

Michael Gambold March 3, 2019

Hi this allowed me to finish releases and features. However I was unable to perform the following options as I got a "getOpt" error message:

1) Delete feature branch on remote branch when finishing feature

2) Delete Local or remote release branch when finishing a feature.

So although I can continue with my workflow (with extra manual overhead) I would not say this issue is resolved or that using the "system git flow" should be an acceptable answer.

Michael Gambold March 13, 2019

@bgannin Any updates on this?

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2019

There are no code changes to report, the best bet is to vote/watch a ticket for git-flow to know when there's movement.

Michael Gambold April 4, 2019

Hi @bgannin. I have just updated to the latest version of sourcetree and this is still an issue.

How can I raise this higher as this is not acceptable for this to still be an issue.

Mike.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events