Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to View ALL remote repositories In Sourcetree

GSHerber January 9, 2020

This appears to be similar to a few other posts in the forum. My situation: Sourcetree will not display a complete list of the available remote repos on the connected bitbucket server. This issue presents on a Windows 10 v1803 PC, Sourcetree v3.3.6, GIT 2.24.1, in this case only a partial list is presented ending in a 'Load More' button, pressing the 'Load More' button seems to run but produces no more results. On a Windows 10 v1709 PC, Sourcetree v3.3.6, GIT 2.24.1 the remote repos list is complete.

I'm reasonably certain that it's nothing in Bitbucket server because the list is complete in Sourcetree on Win 10 v1709 and incomplete on Win 10 v1803.

Anyone have any information or answer to this mystery?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Hoy May 21, 2020

This is a know Atlassian SourceTree issue that we ran into as well.

SRCTREEWIN-12157 … "Problem by searching remote repository"

The work around is to select any one of the 'Remote repositories' that do show up and modify the remote URL path in the format of ...

http://<username>@<your-server>.com:<port number>/scm/<key>/<the-repository-name>.git

1 vote
JH April 7, 2020

I have SourceTree v3.3.8 and Win 10 v1909 with the same problem: missing all repos of a project on Bitbucket Server.

My mystery was solved when the Project name of the missing repos is changed to any name that starts with the letters of the Project Key. 

kylekaja123 July 20, 2022

Confirming that this is still occurring in SourceTree v3.4.9 with Bitbucket Server projects.

As JH says, only the projects that have a name beginning with the project key letters will be populated with their repositories. Spaces also break it.

For example:

✅ GOOD: Name = "MyProject"; Key = "MYP"

❌ BAD: Name = "My Project"; Key = "MYP" (space in name)

❌ BAD: Name = "MyProject"; Key = "MP"

See SRCTREEWIN-13823 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events