This is not a valid source path / URL on Mac Client

Rahul Joshi April 21, 2014

I am using SourceTree to work with one of the repositories I created online at source tree. When I go to clone repository on my Mac and select the repositories from the hosted account, it gives me the following error:

This is not a valid source path / URL

on checking the details, it says:

fatal: unable to access '/usr/local/git/etc/gitconfig': Permission denied

Any idea what might be the issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Rahul Joshi May 10, 2014

I checked that, it shows permission denied on /usr/local/git

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2014

I don't think you understood my question. In the terminal, go to /usr/local/git/etc/, and run "ls -l". Your user account will probably need to be the owner of the gitconfig file, or possibly a member of the group (depending on the premission bits of the file). Do you know the name of your user account or what groups it is a member of?

I suspect this isn't a sourcetree problem, and would be better listed as a question on StackOverflow. If you post there, be prepared to try some things in the terminal to diagnose the problem.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2014

Sounds like an ownership/permission problem on your local git install. Check the ownership and permissions on the listed file, and post here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events