Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree does not find installed Kaleidoscope (on one computer?!)

Alexander Schatten January 19, 2013
  1. I use two Macs: one Macbook Air, one iMac.
  2. On both I have installed the recent version of SourceTree and Kaleidoscope.
  3. On both I have selected Kaleidoscope as external Diff tool

On the Air everything is working as expected. On the iMac, SourcTree does not find (?) Kaleidoscope...

SourceTree was updated in between as well as Kaleidoscope. Nothing changed.

Any ideas?

5 answers

1 accepted

16 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

Hi Alexander,

This is typically because Kaleidoscope's command line tools aren't installed. With Kaleidoscope 2 the command line tools are a separate installation. Go to Kaleidoscope menu > Integration then install ksdiff.

Cheers

0 votes
AlecRust June 25, 2016

Installing the command line tools from within Kaleidoscope failed for me but installing it manually with the installer worked:

http://www.kaleidoscopeapp.com/ksdiff2

0 votes
aeberbach March 24, 2014

I'm here - over a year after the original question - because I got the same cryptic message when trying to use Kaleidoscope with Sourcetree.

Over a year and you can't add "Please check that the Kalediscope command line tools are installed." to the error message?

0 votes
Tom Harrington March 13, 2013

I'm having the same issue. With Kaleidoscope selected as the external diff tool, clicking "External Diff" does nothing. I do have the Kaleidoscope command-line tools installed:

$ type ksdiff
ksdiff is hashed (/usr/local/bin/ksdiff)

This is with SourceTree 1.5.6 and Kaleidoscope 2.0.1 (both Mac app store versions) on Mac OS X 10.8.2.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

From the 1.5.7 release notes:

• Fix support for Kaleidoscope diff when updated to version 2.0+

:)

We can no longer update SourceTree on the App Store though (here's why) , please switch to the direct version from our website to get updates after 1.5.6.

Tom Harrington March 13, 2013

Oh, sandboxing. Say no more, I get the picture. I'm getting the latest version now.

I'd suggest that the page at http://www.sourcetreeapp.com should indicate what the current version is. I had been to that page a couple of times, but there was nothing on it to indicate that my copy was out of date.

0 votes
Klaas Hermanns January 30, 2013

Great! This helped! Thanks!

But the error message of SourceTree could be a little more specific ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events