Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree can't login to bitbucket.org

Brian Russell November 9, 2014

When I launch SourceTree and do anything (refresh remotes, push, pull, etc) I get a popup saying that "Login is required for: bitbucket.org" and I need to type in my password.  This doesn't cause an error, but it doesn't connect to bitbucket and refresh my remotes either.  It's as if it can't connect but there's no error explaining why.

I'm using SourceTree on a Windows 8 machine.  I've tried logging in and out of bitbucket, rebooting, reinstalling SourceTree, updating embedded Git, changing my password, nothing works.  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Russell November 10, 2014

I have resolved my issue.  After messing around with git bash for a while I found the underlying error message, I was getting a permission error writing the sha1 hash file used while connecting to bitbucket.  I didn't have any outstanding checkins to make so I decided to delete my repos from SourceTree, delete my local folders, and reclone everything from bitbucket to be sure everything was in place correctly.  Everything is working now.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

Try some of those operations from the Git terminal. At the very least, you should get a better error message.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events