Sourcetree 1.8 license usage for corporate

. May 26, 2016

We have plans to upgrade for sourcetree 1.7.x to 1.8.x, but on the page https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/sourcetree-license-for-corporate-usage-388404078.html.
It saysPAGE NO LONGER VALID WITH THE RELEASE OF SOURCETREE FOR MAC OSX 2.2 AND SOURCETREE FOR WINDOWS 1.8

But what about version 1.8.x for corporate usage, is there another way to use a free license file for corporate businesses?
Or did the license agreement for corporate usage change from free to payed license?
Or is it still the same but the communication for version 1.8.x didn't go out yet?

Because i cannot find a answer on my questions, so hope to get it there.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2016

As of 1.8 they changed it so that SourceTree is no longer using a license file, instead you have to have an account on my.atlassian.com that you use to setup SourceTree with. Check out the release notes https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/update/WindowsReleaseNotes.html

Gabriel Lohre November 15, 2016

I had trouble finding the answer myself, but I found this (still unanswered) question.
There are still no informations about corporate usage before creating an account (and none too, when creating one).

Nothing about that in the mentioned Release Notes either.

So can you please confirm (or link a page to a confirmation) that SourceTree is still free for corporate usage, if you create an account? Do you need only one account for installation via software distribution? Can that user be integrated in the installation (more software distribution question here wink )? Do you have to be online during setup (often not possible in corporate environment due to proxy usage)? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

Yes, SourceTree is free, it is mentioned on the web site and also when you do the install.

This is what the customer agreement states in the first paragraph (which you can find in the release notes I linked to in my answer above):

This Atlassian Customer Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between you and Atlassian Pty Ltd (ABN 53 102 443 916) (“Atlassian”). If you are agreeing to this Agreement not as an individual but on behalf of your company, then “Customer” or “you” means your company, and you are binding your company to this Agreement.

You should be able to just using one account in order to do the install, but you may want to verify that with Atlassian first.

After they changed from a license file to using my.atlassian.com account you cannot integrate the user as part of the install. And as far as I know you need to have internet access in order to complete the install.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events