Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree remote repository settings not saving again

jraymond-gr November 6, 2019

Hi.  Something similar happened in a previous version where changing remote settings wouldn't save, but it was eventually fixed.  Now in the most recent update, what it won't save is Optional Extended Integration Remote Account.  It keeps defaulting back to Generic Account once a day instead of keeping jraymond-gr Bitbucket selected.  I guess I could just roll back to the previous version if I can find an installer, but maybe this will just draw Atlassian's attention to the problem?  Or maybe someone has a fix?  Thanks!

- joe -

17 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user March 1, 2021

Finally, version 4.3.4 fixes this issue, at least for GitLab remote accounts, maybe all the others too.

Evert Scholtz March 1, 2021

Upgraded from 3.2.6 to 3.4.3, which fixes it for BitBucket accounts too.

https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/ReleaseNotes_3.4.3.html

• Fixed Optional integration settings not being saved
Like # people like this
jraymond-gr March 1, 2021

Oh, that sounds great.  I'm going to stay at the old working version, but if people agree it works, I'm happy to mark this as the answer.  Thanks!

Sergio Freitas March 1, 2021

Alexander I believe i mean version 3.4.3, right? Anyways, version 3.4.3 fixed this issue for me. Finally!

25 votes
polarbearis November 10, 2019

This is happening to me too

Px7 November 25, 2019

+1

Denis_Kot February 17, 2020

+1

Ganesh Dixit May 12, 2020

+1

Jake Cormier May 13, 2020

If this is happening to you, make sure you go to the bug report for it and comment/like/watch: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-12912

Jake Cormier May 13, 2020

Hmm, looks like there are 7 or 8 bugs on this, all marked as "Needs Triage", even ones that are 4 months old. Are they really just ignoring all bug reports?

Ingo Bauersachs May 14, 2020

Yes, they ignore them. Even for the paid products.

Their "New improved navigation", that actually is the same as it was years ago, is obviously so much more important.

jfmenard May 14, 2020

+1

Antonino Samperi June 18, 2020

+1 same here on windows 10 and v 3.3.8.3848

Davor Randjelovic July 9, 2020

+1

7 votes
Miguel_Leonardo_Govin_Calzadilla April 7, 2020

Happening to me too, i am on version 3.3.8, the current last version

Marc Lehnert April 20, 2020

Same here.  Version 3.3.8 on Windows 10.  It forgets after the app is restarted.  As long as the app keeps running, it remembers; even if you close a repo tab and then re-open it.

Like # people like this
Marc Lehnert July 16, 2020

BTW, my specific situation is GitHub Enterprise integration.  I tried uninstalling and wiping the %APPDATA% & %LOCALAPPDATA% folders as described in Nasel's solution below.  I then installed v3.3.9.  Problem still happens.

One thing I noticed is that the .git\sourcetreeconfig.json file contains the extended info after I save it in SourceTree, and remains there after restarting it.  But then, as soon as I open a tab for that repo, the .git\sourcetreeconfig.json file gets updated and the extended info is now gone.

Jake Cormier July 16, 2020

Yes, it seems like any exception that happens when opening a repo wipes the settings. Can you find your log file? Does it say anything? There have been enough clues in there for several of us to get to the bottom of our particular issues.

You can go to the related bug list and add a statement to the most appropriate one, but it doesn't seem like Git is high enough on the priority list at Atlassian for anyone to even triage their bugs.

Marc Lehnert August 17, 2020

You mean %localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log?  No exceptions.  A lot of messages like this:

ERROR [2020-08-15 19:39:46,536] [1] [SourceTree.Model.Repository] [Log] - Repository: [] does not exist

3 votes
Nassel June 11, 2020

I'm not sure if it's the right solution, but I've found a way to solve this phenomenon and will share it.
I've been suffering from this phenomenon since the upgrade to Soucetree 3.3.4, and even after upgrading to 3.3.8, I haven't been able to solve it and am in trouble.
However, by re-installing Sourceetree and re-registering the bookmark of the repository in the next step, this phenomenon was released.
However, the reinstalled version is 3.3.6 for Windows.

■ Procedure (Windows 10)
1. Uninstall Source Tree from Apps and Features
For Windows 7, it is "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel.

2. Delete the "Atlassian" and "Soucetree" folders from the following folders (when the OS drive letter is C)
・C: / users / <user name> / AppData / Local
・C: / users / <user name> / AppData / Roaming

3. Install any version of Sourceetree

■Notes on work
-The folder location accessed in step 2 is for Windows 10. It may be different on other Windows.
-The folder accessed in step 2 is a hidden folder.
-The folder accessed in step 2 is a very delicate area used by the system and applications. Modifying other than the desired folder may adversely affect the system. Please work carefully.
-If you are using the built-in Git, the version of the built-in Git will be replaced with that of the Sourcetree installer you are installing. If necessary, please update the built-in Git from the "Git" tab in "Options" of the "Tools" menu.

I hope this information helps you.
Thank you.

*I am translating it into English with Google Translate. I am afraid there is something wrong with the text, but please forgive me.

Antonino Samperi June 18, 2020

Actually I think it worked. Thanks Nassel! 
I removed v 3.3.8, downloaded 3.3.6 and it seems to work now.

Tomorrow (19 June 2020) I will confirm!

UPDATE (18 June 2020)

v 3.3.6 seems to have another bug. It doesnt refresh the UI after commit, push, merge...

You always have to press F5. I'll try a reboot and see what happens. Restarting the app didn't solve.

Reboot didn't solve, so I downgraded to 3.3.4.
Now it does refresh, but it "forgets" the remote accounts. Incredible. I'll try an older version.
I'm speechless.

UPDATE (19 June 2020)

Yesterday after downgrading to 3.3.4 I was notified about the 3.3.9 update, so I ran the update.

So nothing, even 3.3.9 forgets remotes. I'll keep this for now, but at this point I'll consider moving to Fork.

FINAL UPDATE (19 June 2020)

I solved all of my issues by uninstalling everything, deleting the folders under %APPDATA% as Nassel suggested and installing v 3.2.6 enterprise.

I'll stick with this for a while ;)

Nassel June 22, 2020

Antonino, thanks for the reply.

The UI not updating issue is a serious bug in Sourceetree 3.3.6.
Information about this issue is in a separate thread.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Why-won-t-UI-refresh-after-staging-in-files-in-Sourcetree/qaq-p/1272146

However, this phenomenon does not occur on the current PC.
Is it due to a clean installation? but this is a guess.

Antonino, I read your reply and thought:
1. Summarize the situation that occurred
-Updating from version 3.3.4 or earlier to version 3.3.6 or later results in a bug where remote accounts are not remembered.
-This issue does not occur with a clean installation of 3.3.6.
-It occurs when uninstalling 3.3.6 and installing 3.3.4.
2. Predict the cause
-It occurs when the update function of Sourcetree is used.
-It occurs when you uninstall and then install another version.
→ Is it caused by "Run the installation with the source tree file in /appdata/"?

Two tests are based on this guess.
-Update from problem-free 3.3.6 to latest version
-Clean install the latest version using the method I suggested.

Once the test is complete, report each result.

UPDATE 24 Jun. 2020

I was making a mistake. sorry.
A critical bug in 3.3.6, the UI not updating, was actually happening. It seems that I pressed the F5 key to update the display.

■Here is the report of verification results.
We are also conducting verifications other than the above, so we will report it together.

・Updated from 3.3.6 to 3.3.9
Result: Symptoms occurred
I could not use the update function, so I updated it with the installer.
When I started it, the remote button wasn't working anymore.

・Uninstall 3.3.6 and install 3.3.4 as is.
We were able to confirm the reproducibility of the phenomenon that occurred on the Antonino's PC.

・Clean installation of 3.3.4, 3.3.8, 3.3.9
You can use the remote button immediately after installation or immediately after adding a bookmark.
However, when I close SourceTree, the buttons stop working again.

· Clean install 3.3.6 again
Result: Symptoms may occur
I didn't understand. Why do the symptoms come back?
I installed 3.3.6 cleanly 3 to 4 times, but the phenomenon continued to recur.
The next day, I tried a clean installation 3.3.6 again, but the symptom did not occur. Repeating the clean installation 5-6 times a day did not cause any symptoms.

・Clean installation 3.2.6
Result: Works fine

■ What is discovered and what can be inferred from the results
・This issue has occurred since 3.3.4 and has not been improved in the latest version 3.3.9 on June 24, 2020.
・You may not be able to successfully perform a clean installation of 3.3.6.
・In 3.2.6, the phenomenon did not occur in the first place
・3.3.6 is not a solution to any other problem (reproduce bugs such as UI not being updated automatically)

I think the solution in the procedure I wrote works with SourceTree 3.3.6 or 3.2.6 or earlier.
Use 3.3.6 if you can tolerate issues with UI not updating automatically on F5, and use 3.2.6 if you want more stable behavior.

* Translated into English with Google Translate. I think there is a problem with the text, but please forgive me.

Like KrixS likes this
3 votes
Daniel Myers May 19, 2020

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm also having the issue. Not sure exactly which tracking ticket to note it on, so I just updated the one higher up in this thread. (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-12912?_ga=2.20029566.772437837.1589823722-1091461189.1549929168)

I went to the download archives and got 3.3.6 for Windows. It doesn't seem to have the Optional Extended Integration credential saving problem. (Download archive: https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives)

Hope that helps someone else. I beat my head against this for a day before thinking to do this search. >_<

jraymond-gr May 19, 2020

Thanks!  Yeah, that DOES fix it.  Nice find.

jfmenard May 19, 2020

Weird, I was having this problem on 3.3.6, and upgraded to 3.3.8 in hope it would solve the issue.

jraymond-gr May 19, 2020

:(  I'm usually the one that fixes don't work for.  It feels nice to have something work in my favor for once.

Jake Cormier May 19, 2020

I am also on 3.3.6 and have the issue. I upgraded to 3.3.8 and still had it, and downgraded to 3.3.4 and still had it.

KrixS July 16, 2020

YES this finally worked for me. Downgrading from just installed version 3.3.9 which did not fix the issue, to 3.3.6 now did fix it. I think i will stay with this for now :)

2 votes
bariserkus October 30, 2020

Same problem and it effects other issues such as subtree dissappearing.

Seems like sourcetreeconfig.json file is not saved properly when closing the program. 

2 votes
Pavlo Harinets July 31, 2020

same problem 3.3.9

GilDev December 21, 2020

And still in December 2020…

Like Rodrigo Hernangómez likes this
1 vote
Anton Odegov October 12, 2020

I'm experiencing the same issue.
Saved remote account, then closed/opened app and it doesn't save anything.
fyi: my version is v.3.3.9
please help us.
thank you

1 vote
kaurpaaro September 18, 2020

same problem

1 vote
Jake Cormier May 19, 2020

I found a fix that works on 3.3.6, and will probably also work on 3.3.8.

While poking around I found the log file, and saw an exception failing to load a TimeZoneConverter library that it couldn't find. I went to https://www.nuget.org/packages/TimeZoneConverter/2.3.0 and downloaded the package. It is just a zip file so I extracted timezoneconverter.2.3.0.nupkg\lib\netstandard2.0\TimeZoneConverter.dll and put it into %AppData%\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\hg_extras, and now it doesn't reset to Generic Account any more! Yay!

Ben Ashley July 21, 2020

Just tried this on 3.3.8 and isn't working for me unfortunately.

1 vote
Jindrich Cincibuch May 18, 2020

Still happeing to me at least last two version... buggy software... march 2020

1 vote
jfmenard May 14, 2020

Same problem for me, and for a while now...

1 vote
Sergio Freitas May 8, 2020

Same thing happens to me. may 2020 and still not fixed

Sergio Freitas November 16, 2020

November 2020. still not fixed.

Like Rodrigo Hernangómez likes this
Sergio Freitas March 1, 2021

March 2021. Finally fixed on version 3.4.3. thanks guys

1 vote
mbandy November 27, 2019

Happening to me also. There are some workarounds but all seem to be temporary. I think Atlassian may be aware of the issue as it's been widely reported but have not taken any action to resolve it yet.

0 votes
Pavlo Harinets December 21, 2020

v3.3.9, an issue exists, I need to update remote settings after each program load.

0 votes
bariserkus November 16, 2020

This issue also effects the subtree settings... I went back 3.2.6. and the problem is gone.

0 votes
vicott July 20, 2020

It was working in 3.3.6, and it still does not work in 3.3.9. I remember that it was also not working in another version after 3.3.6.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events