Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree pending files on initial clone

Neil Wheeler June 30, 2013
I'm using sourcetree with a mercurial repo. After an initial clone from bitbucket its telling me I have many pending files, although I haven't touched the clone. In the diff the files look exactly the same, although it thinks every line is different. I've tried "discarding" the change but this makes no difference.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

This is usually because of line ending issues. Please see my answer here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/185169/sourcetree-win-1-0-3-0-what-happened-to-my-line-endings

To summarise, it's because SourceTree was trying to be helpful with its initial setup to default to unifying line endings - however existing repos may be in a state where this shows up as files needing re-committing to get their line endings into a unified LF format inside the repo (but still CRLF in your working copy).

We've stopped setting this by default for the next update and if you don't want to re-commit these files to change the line endings inside the repo then just remove these lines from mercurial.ini in your home directory:

[encode]
**=cleverencode:
[decode]
**=cleverdecode:

Neil Wheeler June 30, 2013

Thanks that did the trick. :)

Bret Askeland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2014

I think I have the same issue as Neil except I just did a clone from my remote repository and we are not using mercurial. The original repo was TFS. Is there a similar approach to resolve this for TFS to Git? The files in question are *.sql files that have specific CRLF at the top and bottom of files.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events