Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree on Windows keeps showing "authentication via ssh keys failed"

Louis Qui Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2017

I am using the latest Version of SourceTree 2.3.1.0 on Windows. 

- At PuTTY Key Generator dialog box, I click Load button to load my Git SSH key -> Save private Key.

- I then do right-click on Pageant on system tray to Add key. It was successfully added. 

After that I can work with sourceTree, like pull, push, etc.

But when ever I restart SourceTree, the SSH keys seems lost, and I have to repeat this process again. 

Is there anyway to add a SSH key permanently? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hi Louis, do you have any keys loaded in your agent when you reboot your computer? You can check that using the command  

ssh-add -l

You can also try pushing or pulling using the command line right when you restart your computer and see if you get the same error. In that case the error won't be with Sourcetree btu with the SSH keys not being properly stored in your pc.

Let us know!

Ana

Louis Qui Tran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2017

Hi Ana, thanks for our reply. To answer your question: no, unfortunately, everytime I reboot my computer and SourceTree, there is no keys loaded in Pageant, even though it was there before.

The thing is, I still can pull, push, and everything with Git Bash. That means, SSH Keys is stored properly in my PC, isn't it. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events