Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree is missing launch shortcuts

Viewing page 2 of 2

43 answers

0 votes
seanisom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2020

Same issue for me as well. Brand new Windows 10 install with SourceTree 3.3.6. No install shortcuts to start menu, embedded git terminal no longer works, and switch branches requires a SourceTree restart for the UI to pick up the change.

lshermparr January 24, 2020

I've had the second issue you mentioned too, if it helps slightly I found that switching repo tabs in Sourcetree also triggered a "full refresh" when the GUI doesn't reflect gits actual state. Might be faster for you then closing and reopening.

What ended up fixing that lagginess for me was manually deleting my repo folders and removing Sourcetree, removing its files in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Sourcetree" & "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Atlassian\" & "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Atlassian", then reinstalling. I had a lot of repos checked out so I am guessing something might have gotten corrupted causing further bugginess/memory leaking or something but that's just a guess. Bizarre either way

0 votes
WebDude_75
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 18, 2020

Same issue here

0 votes
GYU WON CHO
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 15, 2020

same here

0 votes
akonoplyanko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 15, 2020

Have the same issue

0 votes
lshermparr January 14, 2020

This issue just happened to me too.

Sasha Makeev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 25, 2020

Wow. Guys at atlassian responcible for sourcetree installation, if there is reward for worlds worst app installation it is yours. After i installed it there is literally no sign of it in system. If someone had installed it on my pc i wouldnt know of its existence. No desktop shortcut, no launch menu shortcut, not even mention in quick search!!! Congrats. You really dont want to earn money.

0 votes
Alexander Kurakin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 12, 2020

The issue still persists as per Jan 2020 on Windows 10.

0 votes
Christoffer Årstrand
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 12, 2020

I just wanted to add that I installed Sourcetree on two very different Windows 10 machines (at work and at home) this week and both failed to add any icons or shortcuts.

0 votes
Max January 11, 2020

Issue also showed up for me.

0 votes
andrew
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 7, 2020

wow.  out of the box failure. 

A simple global search for sourcetree.exe located the file.

Happy hunting.

0 votes
Deleted user January 5, 2020

Just reporting that I too have the same issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the issue. I have even deleted all Atlassian and SourceTree files in AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming directories.

0 votes
Snorkel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 3, 2020

Hey,

I have this problem atm.

New PC, just installed Windows 10 Home OEM.

Downloaded sourcetree from website and installed it.

It doesn't show up in start>search, no shortcuts.

This PC has latest version of Windows 10 11/2019 and the system language/locale is set to Dutch.

Buckysama
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 10, 2020

Press Windows+R and type %localappdata% and looking for folder name "SourceTree" into this folder right then right click SourceTree.exe > Send to > desktop (create shortcut)

So you can see SourceTree icon on desktop name "SourceTree - Shortcut" you can rename it whatever you want.

Good luck for fix by this way ;)

Like # people like this
0 votes
Phua Chyee Gin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 1, 2020

Is there a fix to this yet?

0 votes
TantX
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 21, 2019

me too,it made me really confused....

0 votes
TUMjung
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 19, 2019

I also encountered this issue on a fresh windows 10 install. reinstalling sourcetree does not help. could it be that hard to create a shortcut? its been almost a year since this was filed for the first time...

0 votes
ehove
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2019

Had the same problem as those above. I got tired of trying to find the program and ended up pinning it to my task bar.

0 votes
alisontaylorbc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 22, 2019

I have the same problem. On Windows 7. I have also tried reinstalling and it doesn't fix the problem. When I click the Start button and search for SourceTree, the program is not found.

0 votes
JO
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 1, 2019

The same problem. No shortcut. God knows where it is...

0 votes
Samuel Bassey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 29, 2019

I also have this same problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events