Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree hangs on Atlassian login screen

kiran paduvilan September 17, 2017

I am using windows 7. I tried installing last 3 releases of source tree, one by one following the clean up methods suggested including all the folders clean up etc. But i never succeeded. It always hangs in the atlassian account login window. When i checked windows Application logs, it says faulting module is "jscript9.dll". The log is as shown below.

Faulting application name: SourceTree.exe, version: 2.1.11.0, time stamp: 0x598e3eeb
Faulting module name: jscript9.dll, version: 11.0.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x5215e4c5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000041aaac
Faulting process id: 0x49c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d32c7e96e8bae5
Faulting application path: C:\Users\kpaduvil\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.1.11\SourceTree.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\jscript9.dll
Report Id: c9f78798-9872-11e7-bf1a-5ce0c557b4f2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kiran paduvilan September 19, 2017

Hi Michael,

I was able to resolve the issue myself. Justs down graded my IE version from 11.0.XXX to 8.0.XXX and then did a clean up of previuos source tree installation and rebooted and reinstalled. Things worked well :).

I think the alternate could be a 'Windows Update' which I was not able to do since my admin blocked the same. So i downgraded the IE version alone.

Hope it might help someone else, so putting the solution here.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

Hi

Are you able to login to Atlassian account, https://id.atlassian.com, using Internet Explorer?

The WPF webview Sourcetree uses for the login process relies on IE and because its not used as much these days it sometimes is out of date, has configuration that prevents the login completing.

e.g. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7674286/windows-7-64-bit-internet-explorer-9-crashappcrash-jscript9-dll

kiran paduvilan September 18, 2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick reply. You are correct, I am not able to login to the 'atlassian' through IE, but able to do in chrome. Through IE, when tried login it keeps crashing again in jscript9.dll. I just tried "regsvr32 jscript9.dll" command which was given in your link. But it is of no use :(. My IE version is 11.0.9600, so i dont think it is an older version. So what should I do to fix this problem? Any pointers please.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events