SourceTree error in python script, tries to load mercurial libs for a git repo (?)

Hi, I have a git repository on github mapped to the company's domain, like this:

https://git.domain.com/user/repo/

I use SourceTree 2.0.4 for MacOS, I've been using this repo in it without any problem.
I changed now to another computer, Mac also, and tried to set up the same repo on SourceTree.

When trying to clone it I get the following error: This is not a valid source path / URL

I click on the error description and displays a Python stack trace error which starts with:

ImportError: dlopen(.../SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/osutil.so, 2):
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics

Referenced from: .../SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/mercurial_local/mercurial/osutil.so
Reason: image not found

Q: Why should it load mercurial libraries if the repo is Git?
Q: How can I work around this?
(other than using command-line git?) 

Also, the stack strace is shown if I use github's clone in desktop button, if I copy the repo URL and try to clone it from SourceTree, the not a valid source path error is the same but no stack trace is shown, just an empty log.

1 answer

1 accepted

I think I've seen a similar error mentioned before, and the problem was that Git either wasn't installed, or wasn't being found by SourceTree. Are you using embedded git or system git?

Installing git and using it instead of the embedded fixed it. Thanx.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

799 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you